Commandline Manager Explained
What is the Commandline Manager?
The commandline manager for Garry's Mod allows you to edit and interact with the pre-defined startup parameters of your server.
Base requirements of a commandline
- You must fill out the Description text field, for example
Garry's Mod Commandline.
- You must tick the Select box to the left of: Server Config, Gamemode, RCon Password and Startup map.
- It's advised that you leave any values you are unsure of as the default - especially Server Config.
- Both your Gamemode and Startup map must be valid for the server to boot correctly. See relevant article above.
Reaching the Commandline Manager
- Navigate to the Game Panel and proceed to login.
- Click on Game Services button and if prompted select the server you would like to reach the commandline manager for.
- Navigate to the Commandline Manager.
- Click on the Custom Commandlines tab.
- Click New to create a new one or click Edit to edit an existing one.
Server Config = Defines the file name of your
server.cfg (This value is set by default, we advise against changing it)
Gamemode = Defines the gamemode that your Garry's Mod server will be running, this should always be the foldername of the gamemode, for example
Disable Valve Anti-Cheat = Disables Valve Anti-Cheat. See relevant articles for more information.
RCon Password = Defines the password that you must use to allow usage of the RCon.
Startup map = The map that your server will use when the server initially boots. For example
Steam API Auth Key = The key used when setting up a Steam WorkshopDL. You can find this here: Steam API Key.
Tickrate = The rate at which the server refreshes. Higher is recommended for a lower playercount and for gamemodes such as Deathrun. Lower tickrate is recommended for heavily intense gamemodes such as DarkRP with a fair amount of players and addons.
Workshop Collection ID = Defines the ID of your Workshop collection that you are using for your Garry's Mod servers WorkshopDL.
hunkalloclightmaps = Used to prevent your server crashing when using large maps such as Evocity and Rockford. See relevant articles for more information.