Exporting A Mysql Database
What does exporting a MySQL database do?
Exporting a MySQL database downloads a backup of the database to your system, allowing you to restore some data if there happens to be any data loss.
- Login to cPanel by doing one of the following: using the login information provided in the Web Hosting Information email or using the CPanel shortcut in the Billing Area
- Once you are in cPanel search for phpMyAdmin and proceed to click on the appropriate result.
- In the sidebar on the left select the database you would like to export.
- In the navigation bar at the top head to the Export section.
- In the Export method select the Quick option. We won't be covering the Custom option in this article as we expect only advanced users to use that option.
- In the Format dropdown we recommend selecting SQL.
- Hit the Go button, this should produce a
.sqlfile, this is your exported database. If you open it you will see the SQL code for the table structure and contents of the database.