Creating A Mysql User
What are MySQL users used for?
MySQL users are used to allow applications to gain access certain databases.
- Login to CPanel by doing one of the following: using the login information provided in the Web Hosting Information email or using the CPanel shortcut in the Billing Area.
- Once you are logged into CPanel search for MySQL and navigate to MySQL® Databases.
- Scroll down to the Add New user subsection underneath MySQL Users.
- In the Username field input a unique username for the user. Similarly to database creating, the username you input will always start with your CPanel username followed by an underscore.
- In the Password field, input a unique password for the user. Ensure this password is strong for maximum security, you can do this by referring to the strength indicator at the bottom of the form.
- In the Password (Again) field simply input the password you created once again.
- Click Create User.
In this scenario, the username would be havasuco_example.