Adding A Mysql User To A Database
What does adding a MySQL user to a database do?
This provides permissions (configurable to your desire) to the MySQL user for that specific database, allowing for interaction between the user and the database.
- Login to CPanel by doing one of the following: using the login information provided in the Web Hosting Information email or using the CPanel shortcut in the Billing Area.
- Once you are logged into CPanel search for MySQL and navigate to MySQL® Databases.
- Scroll down to the Add User To Database subsection underneath MySQL Users.
- In the User dropdown select the user you are trying to modify the permissions for.
- In the Database dropdown select the database you want these permissions to apply for.
- Click Add.
- Modify the permissions to your desire, see the relevant links above to see descriptions of the permissions.
- Once you have ticked all the permissions you want to apply to the user, simply click Make Changes.