Connecting To A Server Via The Console
What is the console?
The console is an interface that allows you to run commands on your client.
- Launch *Garry's Mod**.
- Click on the Options button.
- Click on the Advanced button.
- Tick the Enable developer console box.
- Click on the Ok button.
- Click on the Apply button.
- By default the key to open the console is the key underneath your
Esckey. If this is not the case, open the options again and navigate to the keyboard tab, then proceed to scroll to the bottom and check what key is assigned for you.
- In order to connect to your server, input
connect ipinto the console, replace ip with your servers IP address, for example:
- If you have a password on the server you are connecting with, input
connect ip; password 123. Replace ip with your servers IP address and replace 123 with your servers password. For example:
connect 22.214.171.124:27185; password HexaneNetworks.