Changing The Default Darkrp Job
What does changing the default DarkRP job do?
Changing the default DarkRP job means that when a player initially connects to your server, they won't be placed in the Citizen job by default, they will be placed in the job you specified. This is useful for servers that provide an alternative type of roleplay such as StarwarsRP and MilitaryRP.
In addition to this, when a player is demoted they will be reverted back to this job.
Method (Game Panel)
- Navigate to the Game Panel and proceed to login.
- Click on Game Services button and if prompted select the server you would like to change the default DarkRP job of.
- Navigate to the File Manager.
- Navigate to the
garrysmod/addons/darkrpmodification/lua/darkrp_customthingsand proceed to edit the jobs.lua file.
- Scroll down to the line containing
GAMEMODE.DefaultTeam = TEAM_CITIZEN.
- By default, the
GAMEMODE.DefaultTeamvariable will be defined as
TEAM_CITIZEN, in order to change the default job, you must replace
TEAM_CITIZENwith the desired default job's team, for example
- Once you have done this, click the Save button in the navigation bar.
- Navigate back to the Game Panel's homepage and proceed to click the Restart button.
- Once the restart process has finished, rejoin your server.